◆英語タイトル：AVX Corporation (AVX) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
◆レポート形式：英語 / PDF
◆産業分野：Technology and Communications
AVX Corporation (AVX) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
AVX Corporation (AVX), a subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation, is a manufacturer and supplier of passive electronic components and interconnects. It undertakes designing, manufacturing and supplying of electronic components and related products across the world. The company’s products are used in computer, telecommunications infrastructure, cellular, industrial, automotive, consumer, military and medical sectors. It classifies its business into three reportable business segments, namely, Passive Components, Kyocera Electronic Devices (KED Resale) and Interconnect. It owns and operates 20 manufacturing facilities across worldwide in the China, Czech Republic, El Salvador, France, Germany, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Northern Ireland, and the US. It also undertakes the distribution and selling of electronic connectors manufactured by Kyocera. AVX is headquartered in South Carolina, the US.
The company focuses to maintain its competitiveness in the market through continually introducing new products. In Line with the strategy, AVX, redesigned its surface mount, wire-to-board 9175 and 9176 insulation displacement connector (IDC) Series; expanded TCJ Series with two new high-voltage tantalum polymer chip capacitors; expanded its RF product line with the development of two new air core RF inductor series and introduced IDC wire-to-board plug and socket connectors.
AVX Corporation Key Recent Developments
May 16, 2014: AVX Corporation Declares Dividend
Mar 27, 2014: AVX to showcase latest products at Energy Harvesting & Storage Europe, Berlin April 1-2
Mar 18, 2014: AVX Releases Three-Phase Medium Power Film Capacitors For Power Factor Correction & AC Filtering Applications
Mar 14, 2014: AVX To Announce Three New Products At Electronica China 2014
Mar 13, 2014: AVX To Announce Three New Products At APEC 2014
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 – About the Company 6
AVX Corporation – Key Facts 6
AVX Corporation – Key Employees 7
AVX Corporation – Key Employee Biographies 8
AVX Corporation – Major Products and Services 9
AVX Corporation – History 10
AVX Corporation – Company Statement 14
AVX Corporation – Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
AVX Corporation – Business Description 20
AVX Corporation – Corporate Strategy 21
AVX Corporation – SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis – Overview 22
AVX Corporation – Strengths 22
Strength – Comprehensive Offerings 22
Strength – Extensive Geographic Coverage 22
Strength – Synergy with Kyocera Corporation 22
AVX Corporation – Weaknesses 23
Weakness – Litigation Claims 23
AVX Corporation – Opportunities 23
Opportunity – Outlook for EMS 23
Opportunity – Global Outlook for IT Services Market 23
AVX Corporation – Threats 23
Threat – Government Regulations 23
Threat – Highly Competitive Market 23
Threat – Rapid Technological Changes 24
AVX Corporation – Key Competitors 25
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 26
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 26
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 27
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 30
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 31
May 16, 2014: AVX Corporation Declares Dividend 31
Mar 27, 2014: AVX to showcase latest products at Energy Harvesting & Storage Europe, Berlin April 1-2 31
Mar 18, 2014: AVX Releases Three-Phase Medium Power Film Capacitors For Power Factor Correction & AC Filtering Applications 31
Mar 14, 2014: AVX To Announce Three New Products At Electronica China 2014 32
Mar 13, 2014: AVX To Announce Three New Products At APEC 2014 32
Jan 31, 2014: AVX Expands the Capacitance Range for its X7R & NP0 (C0G) High Voltage Multilayer Ceramic Chip Capacitors 32
Jan 31, 2014: AVX Adds New Capacitance Values to its High CV X5R MLCC Series for Mobile, Medical & Digital Electronics 33
Jan 10, 2014: AVX receives space-level MIL-PRF-49470 QPL approval for C0G (NP0) SMPS capacitors in three new case sizes & voltages 33
Jan 08, 2014: AVX Corporation Schedules Third Quarter Earnings Conference Call 33
Nov 25, 2013: ATC Introduces Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) Single Layer Capacitors 34
Section 5 – Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39