◆英語タイトル：Metso Corporation (MEO1V) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
◆レポート形式：英語 / PDF
◆産業分野：Industrial Goods and Machinery
Metso Corporation (MEO1V) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Metso Corporation (Metso) is a leading supplier of process performance solutions. The company supplies technology and services to process industries including mining, pulp and paper, oil and gas, power and construction. It specializes in designing, development and production of systems, automation solutions, machinery and equipment. Metso carries out operations through two segments, namely, Mining and Construction, and Automation. The company has well-established network to provide engineering, production, procurements, sales and other operations in various countries. Metso is headquartered in Helsinki, Finland.
The company’s strategic intent is to expand presence in emerging markets, particularly in Brazil, India, China and Russia. To this end, it completed acquisition of construction equipment supplier Shaorui Heavy Industries Ltd. in China; a steel foundry plant in Zheijang, China; and EPT Engineering Services Private Limited, that provides designing, detail engineering and value added services including conceptual design and 3D modeling to power, pulp and paper, oil, gas and petrochemical industries, in India.
Metso Corporation Key Recent Developments
Sep 09, 2014: Metso: Composition Of Metso’s Nomination Board
Sep 09, 2014: Composition of Metso’s Nomination Board
Aug 28, 2014: Hitachi Zosen Inova chooses Metso’s automation technology for the eighth time, now for the new Greatmoor energy-from-waste facility in Buckinghamshire, UK
Aug 04, 2014: Metso’s flow control technology for the PETRONAS Gas Berhad gas processing plant modernization project in Malaysia
Jul 31, 2014: Metso’s Interim Review January 1 – June 30, 2014
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Metso Corporation – Key Facts 6
Metso Corporation – Key Employees 7
Metso Corporation – Key Employee Biographies 8
Metso Corporation – Major Products and Services 9
Metso Corporation – History 10
Metso Corporation – Company Statement 16
Metso Corporation – Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Metso Corporation – Business Description 20
Metso Corporation – SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis – Overview 22
Metso Corporation – Strengths 22
Strength – Order Book Position 22
Strength – Sturdy Research and Development Activities 22
Strength – Geographical Footprint 22
Metso Corporation – Weaknesses 23
Weakness – Involvement in Legal Actions 23
Metso Corporation – Opportunities 23
Opportunity – Infrastructure Investments in Emerging Markets 23
Opportunity – Business Initiatives 24
Opportunity – Strategic Acquisitions 24
Metso Corporation – Threats 24
Threat – Global Economic Scenario 24
Threat – Growing Competition in the Market 24
Threat – Changing Technological Trends 25
Metso Corporation – Key Competitors 26
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 30
Financial Performance 30
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 31
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 32
Section 4 – Company’s, Power, Oil & Gas Financial Deals and Alliances 33
Metso Corporation, Power, Deals By Year, 2008 to YTD 2014 33
Metso Corporation, Power, Deals By Type, 2008 to YTD 2014 34
Metso Corporation, Recent Deals Summary 35
Section 5 – Company’s Recent Developments 36
Sep 09, 2014: Metso: Composition Of Metso’s Nomination Board 36
Sep 09, 2014: Composition of Metso’s Nomination Board 36
Aug 28, 2014: Hitachi Zosen Inova chooses Metso’s automation technology for the eighth time, now for the new Greatmoor energy-from-waste facility in Buckinghamshire, UK 36
Aug 04, 2014: Metso’s flow control technology for the PETRONAS Gas Berhad gas processing plant modernization project in Malaysia 37
Jul 31, 2014: Metso’s Interim Review January 1 – June 30, 2014 37
Jul 01, 2014: Metso’s automation technology selected for a new energy-from-waste plant in Peterborough, UK 38
Jun 24, 2014: Tampereen Sakolaitos Group to invest in process management with Metso’s automation technology 38
Jun 16, 2014: Metso’s automation and flow control technology for the sulfur plant at Neste Oil’s Porvoo refinery in Finland 39
Jun 12, 2014: Metso signs EUR 500 million revolving credit facility 40
Jun 05, 2014: Namibia to take Metso help in building oil refinery 40
Section 6 – Appendix 41
Ratio Definitions 41
About GlobalData 45
Contact Us 45